Criminal Background Check
For ASSIST Representatives:
The Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET) and the U.S. Department of State mandates that all representatives working directly with an international exchange student must submit to a criminal background check. If a current (past 12 months) background check has already been conducted as part of your school employment process, please provide a statement from the Head of the School on the school’s letterhead confirming this fact.
Once you click on the link at the bottom of this page, you will be directed to the Intellicorp Records, Inc. website to enter information to conduct a criminal background check.
Instructions for using the Intellicorp Records, Inc. portal
1. Read the"Disclosure and Authorization to Obtain Consumer Reports for Employment/Volunteer Purposes" notice on the portal homepage
2. Enter the password provided by ASSIST, and click the "Agree and Consent >>" button.
3. Enter the requested information on the "Personal Information" screen. Fields marked with an "*" are required.
4. Click the "Next >>" button.
5. Review the information on the "Summary" screen for accuracy.
Please note that hitting the "Quit" button will not save your information and your background check will not be run.
6. If you need to make corrections, click the "<< Previous" button to return to the "Personal Information" screen.
7. If you need to save your progress, click the "Save" button. You will be provided a reference code to enter when you return to the website to complete the data entry.
8. If you are done, please click the "Complete" button.